Weight Loss Services
Acupuncture Treatment for Losing Weight
Do you want to lose 15-20 pounds in one or two months? We can help you reach this goal! Acupuncture is an effective way of making it easier to lose weight and to maintain that loss, and our experienced acupuncturist has successfully worked with many patients to acheive their weight loss goals. Acupuncture needles inserted into specific points of the body and in the ear release endorphins which have a calming and relaxing effect, making it easier to deal with the stress, frustration and anxiety that can trigger overeating and bingeing on fattening foods. In addition, endorphins affect the digestive and hormonal systems, and acupuncture can help rebalance these systems when they are running too fast or, in this case, too slow (i.e. – metabolism, will power).
Walk-ins are welcome. House calls are available upon request. Most insurance accepted.
• Stomach - eating when full or constantly nibbling
• Hungry - general appetite control
• Lung - food addicts, people who love chocolate and sweets
• Shenmen - relieve energy blockage for anxiety, anger, frustration, insecurity
• Endocrine - water retention responsible for some weight gain
• Adrenal and Ovary - weight gain due to menopause or P.M.S.
• Spleen - sugar imbalances, hormonal disturbances
• Kidney - water retention, nervous system, hormonal imbalances
• Thyroid - slow metabolism
The number of acupuncture treatments needed depends on the patient's goals for losing weight, the speed at which they want to lose, and their commitment to keeping the weight off.
If the overeating is severe, a treatment every day for the first five days is appropriate, tapering off the second week to every other day, then two treatments every three days during the third week.
For the average patient who wants to lose between five and ten pounds, one treatment every three days or twice a week until they reach their goal is appropriate, and then a booster treatment once every two weeks is optimal.
After a few booster treatments, the patient and practitioner will mutually decide when to terminate frequent treatments, and then aim to meet approximately four times per year at the change of seasons when energy levels are unstable. Tonification and harmonizing of one's system are appropriate for everyone.
Herbal capsules, herbal pills and herbal liquid are also available to supplement the acupuncture treatment.